Banish Bingo Wings With This Training Routine!
We all want amazing arms right, chicks?
You can banish bingo wings with this training routine!
Even though it’s coming into winter and we’re starting to cover up a bit, you can pretty much guarantee that at Christmas parties, your arms are gonna be exposed.
Which means we need:
And a nice-looking back to boot (just in case your dress is backless – and if you follow my workout advice in this blog then you will definitely want it to be!)
For this workout we are going to focus on the following areas:
I would recommend you do 3-4 sets of 8-12 repetitions for each exercise.
Let’s start with triceps!
Bingo Wings Training Routine - TRICEPS!
HOW TO DO OVERHEAD TRICEP EXTENSIONS
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, position your hands behind your head with your elbows pointing straight up.
- To perform the movement, extend through the elbow while keeping the upper arm in position, raising your hands above your head. Keep your elbows close to your ears!!
- Squeeze your triceps at the top of the movement, and SLOWLY lower the weight back to the start position.
Bingo Wings Training Routine - CHEST!
Right chicks, this next move is basic BUT it’s effective.
Yes that’s right it’s the push-up!
Let’s face it; it wouldn’t be a workout without push-ups, right?
HOW TO DO PUSH-UPS
- Lie on the floor face down and place your hands about shoulder width apart while holding your torso up at arms length.
- Next, inhale and lower yourself downward until your chest almost touches the floor.
- Now exhale and press your upper body back up to the starting position.
And if you’ve mastered the basic push-up then no excuses, just up the ante!
From basic push-ups we can progress to close-grip push-ups (these work triceps a lot harder than regular push-ups), push-up jacks (great for abs), push-ups with side rotation, weighted push-ups with dumbbell row… so many variations, so little time!
Beginners you can perform push-ups on your knees then try a few on your toes when you’re ready – keep practising and it will happen!
Bingo Wings Training Routine - Shoulders!
One of my favourite moves for sculpted shoulders is the military (shoulder) press!
You can use a barbell or dumbbells for this but I like to use dumbbells so that you train both arms individually.
That way your stronger arm (most people have one) doesn’t compensate for the weaker arm.
HOW TO DO MILITARY PRESS:
- Standing with your feet shoulder width apart, take a dumbbell in each hand. Raise the dumbbells so your elbows are out and about 90 degrees, wrists facing forward. This will be your starting position.
- Extend through the elbow to raise the weights together directly above your head. Pause, and slowly return the weight to the starting position.
- Do not lean back and don’t cheat by using your legs to drive the weights if you’re standing (it’s tempting when the going gets tough!)
Bingo Wings Training Routine - BACK!
So many females neglect back!
But don’t do it chicks!
If you want to wear backless dresses then training back is the way to go.
Also, if you build up your back muscles and get them nice and toned, you will actually create the illusion of a smaller waist – nice little tip eh?
For a great back workout you can’t beat rows.
Wide grip rows, medium rows, low rows, plank rows, dumbbell rows, and barbell rows – the list is endless!
Today let’s focus on single arm rows.
You may want a bench or chair for this one, or you can perform standing in a lunge position.
HOW TO DO SINGLE ARM ROW
- Holding a dumbbell in your right hand with your palm facing inwards, step forward into a lunge position with your left leg for support. Pull your abdominal muscles in and bend forward from the hips so that your back is naturally arched and roughly parallel to the floor.
- Pull your right arm up until your elbow is pointing towards the ceiling and your upper arm is parallel to the floor.
- Lower the weight slowly back down.
Bingo Wings Training Routine - BICEPS!
HOW TO DO BICEP CURLS
- Stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand at arm’s length. Keep your elbows close to your sides and rotate the palms of your hands so your wrists are facing forward. This will be your starting position.
- Now, keeping the upper arms stationary, exhale and curl the weights while contracting your biceps. Continue to raise the weights until your biceps are fully contracted and the dumbbells are at shoulder level. Hold the contracted position for a second as you squeeze your biceps.
- Then, inhale and slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
TIP – Don’t be afraid to go heavy on back and biceps!
They are stronger than smaller muscles like triceps so you need to go heavier to get the most out of your training.
Ignore that old myth that says lifting weights makes women look bulky – that’s exactly what it is, a myth!
THE WORLD IS YOUR GYM!
Can’t get to a gym? No equipment at home? Then head to your local park and attack those arms!
RELEASE YOUR INNER TARZAN!
Swinging across the monkey bars isn’t just for kids, chicks!
It’s a great way to shape up those arms.
Head to your local park and climb across and back for 2-3 minutes.
This works ALL the muscles around your shoulders.
Pull-ups are always a no brainer at the park, and if you’re not quite there yet then simply jump up and hang for as long as you can to improve your grip strength
One of my favourite moves, these are so simple and yet those arms start to BURN if you do enough of them!
Aim for 3-4 sets of 12.
Can’t beat a bit of body weight training.
HOW TO DO TRICEPS DIPS
- Place your palms on the front edge of a bench and bend your legs as if to sit. Position your feet in front of you so most of your weight is resting on your arms. Keeping your elbows tucked in, inhale and bend your arms. Slowly lower your body until your upper arms are parallel with the floor.
- Hold for a beat then exhale and straighten your arms back to the starting position.
Too easy? Straighten your legs to increase resistance or even raise one leg up in the air (although you might wish you hadn’t).
Find a wall, find a tree, you can pretty much do these anywhere! If you’re too scared to kick up into it (wall fear!) then start by …
- Getting on all fours (the wall is behind you). …
- Pushing your bottom in the air. …
- Walking your feet a few feet up the wall. … until you’re doing a handstand! This one is great for core strength too – bonus!
Follow these easy moves and I promise you, that arm flab will be no more!
Shapely, sculpted arms ARE possible – you just have to work for it! But the best things are worth working for right chicks?
Before you know it your arms will be your best accessories!